This was the first (or one of the very first) nine-story building in Tashkent. At the time, it caused amazement, and residents came with interest to admire it. The house was handed over to residents in August 1966, and many Tashkent citizens came to see how the structure had withstood the earthquake.
The building itself was
unusual: architects G. Aleksandrovich and S. Berkovich were the first to design
and build a single-section tower with 48 apartments. The house was equipped
with an elevator, garbage chute, and air heating combined with an
air-conditioning system.
The apartments opened
outward with large open loggias, but now almost all of them are haphazardly
glazed and hung with air conditioners, giving the building a colorful,
heterogeneous appearance.
For many years, the
ground floor housed the Central Airline Ticket Office. Together with the former
“Russia” Hotel, they served as the main landmark of Sapyornaya Square.

The new building of the Main Post Office opened in 1984 on Shahrisabz Street, formerly Pervomayskay...
The Academy of Sciences building on Yahya Gulamov Street (formerly Gogol) involuntarily draws atten...

In 1865, a military fortress was built on the left bank of the Anhor, near the Qaytmas Gate. Surro...

The Yaushev brothers, merchants from a Tatar princely family, built a trading house in 1911 based o...