
Tashkent residents are well familiar with the three-story brick building with a rounded corner to the left of СUM. It was built in 1920 by architect Leonid Voronin for the “Sredazugol” organization.
In the 1940s–1950s, the Chemical Faculty of the
Polytechnic Institute was located here.
Many call this building the “Architecture
Faculty,” as it indeed housed the faculty starting from 1966.
Later, the Architecture Faculty of the
Polytechnic Institute became part of the Architecture and Construction
Institute and moved to another building.
Currently, the National Center for Human Rights
of the Republic of Uzbekistan is located here.
The building has been reconstructed, with window
frames replaced by plastic ones, which has spoiled its original appearance.

The 226-meter-long tourist street is located in the center of Tashkent — from the intersection wit...

Mustaqillik Square acquired its main features after the 1966 earthquake, when the former Red Square...

The building is easily recognizable due to its monumental architecture. It was constructed in 1997...
The architectural complex “Ma’rifat Markazi” (Center of Enlightenment), built on Navoi Street for t...