
In 1901, the Treasury Chamber received its own building, specially constructed by architect V. S. Heinzelman.
The building is located
at the intersection of Istiqbol Street (formerly Kuibysheva and Kuylukskaya)
and Istiqlol Street (formerly Khorezm).
During the Soviet era, a
third floor with beautiful tent-like roofs was added, which were later
lost.
After the revolution,
various organizations were housed in the building, including the Central
Committee of the Communist Party (Bolsheviks) of Uzbekistan (after the capital
was moved to Tashkent), and later—the Presidium of the Academy of Sciences and
the Museum of the History of the Peoples of Uzbekistan.
Currently, the building
houses the "Sogʻlom Avlod Uchun" Foundation and preparatory courses
for university applicants.

The building of the former Republican House of Consumer Cooperation (“Uzbekbir lashuv”) was const...

The botanist and pharmacist Hieronymus Ivanovich Krause arrived in Tashkent in 1870 and began worki...

Among the series of structures built for the 50th anniversary of the UzSSR, the 16-story building o...

The mosque was built in the 15th century near the grave of the righteous Ukkosh on the ancient Sama...